Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

New original, the Flowers of Corenwald (clawhammer)

I wrote this tune recently, and decided to go ahead and upload it, it’s one of a few tunes I’ve written in the last few months, all of which I hope to share, but it took >three hours to upload, so… anyways, it’s called the Flowers of Corenwald, and it’s in double C tuning. It’s also a lot faster than it should be played… :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

Oh, should I post my performance videos in the instrument category, and leave video swap for critique? Or should I post them in the swap, or in general chitchat, or does it not matter?

2 Likes

Dude!

2 Likes

That was excellent Gunner. Fast or Slow it would sit well with a fiddle.

2 Likes

Thanks Archei! I’ve messed with a fiddle break, but haven’t actually finalized or learned it

1 Like

I like it. I love the drone of the double C. The B part breaks it up nicely. Sweet!

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Mighty fine! Doing that new banjo of yours proud!

2 Likes

Thanks Mark!

1 Like

Sounds like some type of chanting music…

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Awesome arrangement! How often do you create stuff like that?

3 Likes

Thanks! It depends, but I’ve written five original tunes since we returned from the states this year, three months ago. I’ve only written four previously, it’s something I’m just getting into. I’ve posted one other recent one in the mandolin subcategory

3 Likes

Time to get them under copyright, find a band to record them and start earning royalties. Sit back and let the buck$$$s roll in.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s kind of very difficult to do from overseas

3 Likes

Hi Gunnar, You already know a bunch of folk that could help. Just take the time to ask privately how the process works. :wink: Don’t sell yourself short or create invisible obstacles. It may be a challenge but from where I am sitting I see you as a talented and resourceful individual.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, Archie!

2 Likes