Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Nashville Number System vs Roman Numerals

This is the best thing Iā€™ll read all day. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

2 Likes

Arabic ARABIC ? For goodness sake donā€™t tell Donald. He wants America to be GREAT AGAIN. Weird I always thought Americanā€™s were GREAT.

Turns out, the Arabic number system is as follows: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 etc.

Oh, and Americans are great (well, some of us are anyway :smirk: )

America is in a sad, sad state of affairs. Read about the abortion laws that were just passed in NY. It actually made me a bit nauseous.

3 Likes

We have too many of our own political issues over here right now. I have no desire to head down that road Jack.

Me neither

Itā€™s a painful one. Pray for us.

Just cause I care about you Jack, when you say you are nauseous, you are saying you nauseate others. Iā€™m a grammar snob. I talk good see :wink:

My other favs include ā€œI could care lessā€, orientated, irregardless, safety deposit box, and ending oneā€™s sentences in prepositions like ā€œwhere are you at?ā€ When called out on this one, the original speaker is then usually motivated to correct his statement or question such as ā€œwhere are you at a%% h@&e?ā€. My favorite though is Winston Churchillā€™s rebuttal to this rule - ā€œthat is something up with which I shall not putā€.

2 Likes

I actually tried to explain why this is wrong once. I finally gave up. They wore me down to the point that I couldnā€™t care less. :wink:

3 Likes

I yam what I yam.

2 Likes

There are thing I could care less about and things that I couldnā€™tā€¦depends n the thingā€¦

So, Iā€™m guessing Jack became nauseated?

oh, thatā€™s rightā€¦OP is on numberageā€¦:notes:

1 Like

For the unborn, Iā€™ll cry out where anybody will listen. :cry:

3 Likes

You could always start a threadā€¦

I have a question regarding NNS: how are chords like G7 represented or is the use of something like G7 just optional? Iā€™m trying to write out the Nashville Number System for Amazing Grace from Benā€™s TEF file and the first 8 measures are:

G G7 C G
D D7 G G7

Clearly, the sound will be different with the G7 and D7 than just the G and D so how are these handled in the NNS?

http://employees.oneonta.edu/liparir/site/rockcombo/num_charts/NNS%20Only%20Symbols.pdf

Awesome! Thanks fiddle_wood - that is a very handy chart!

Chris

1 Like

Yep, superscript 7. If you draw a line through the 7 it makes it a major 7 chord (hardly ever used in bluegrass, if ever).

NOW I understand why pedal steel players take their shoes off to play E11!

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
Best comment of the year award right here!

1 Like