Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Let's see em!

Such a cool idea…but I cant see anyone pics

That’s a known shortcoming of this forum, (all pics disappear within a month) and I believe there is an effort being made to rectify that. Until then, you’ll just have to look well while the thread is new

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I just saw this one.

1 Like

The guitar playing kid looks like Presley Barker… Black mountain rag

2 Likes

Am I the only one that can’t see any of these?
Tried logging out and back in to no avail. Suggestions? Thanks.

It’s been an issue that’s being worked on.

Thanks - I’ll check back periodically.

Hi Everyone…I haven’t posted in a while because of my work schedule(retail). But I just wanted to share something with everyone. After looking at and debating on what banjo I wanted to buy next, I finally had made a decision the later part of Feb. After looking around at @BanjoBen had on sale and some other places, I decided to buy me a custom Bishline(sorry Ben). I wanted some extra stuff put on it and i wanted it to be different than any other banjo. So after a month of seeing updated photos and knowing it was getting close to it being finished(super excited), i will have my new Custom Harvest in my hands by Tuesday. Here are the final photos they sent me. I had my initials in block lettering put on the Truss rod cover. I went with the natural curly maple wood with the KOA wood binding. The basic Harvest has the maple wood with a dark finish on it and so i went with the natural look of the wood, I like the way the grain in the wood “pops” on it. I also had the “renaissance” head on, not quite sure what that particular one sounds like, but i do know it will be different than my RK. I will try to get a video post of me playing after i get used to it. Rob also had the photos on his FB page, which was pretty cool to see.
Custome%20Harvest%20VI

Custom%20Harvest%20VIII Customer%20Harvest%201

10 Likes

I love Bishline Banjo’s and that’s a beauty Tye

1 Like

Until I finish negotiating with @BanjoBen to purchase his Gibson Mastertone, I am currently playing on a 1989 Flatiron. Although the Flatiron Co. is no longer in existence (bought out by Gibson), they were very similar to the Gibson Mastertone in sound & quality. In fact, this banjo is equipped with the Kulesh Sr. tone-ring, which is the exact source of the Mastertone rings thereby making the sound virtually identical. This particular model (Sweetgrass) is extra nice with the Ebony fingerboard & headstock. The quality of the Flatiron instruments is well-known and certainly is a beauty.

Flatiron%20Sweetgrass

3 Likes

Thanks @Archie, I looked really hard @BanjoBens banjos he had on sale, but for what I was looking for and to to get done just wasn’t there, no fault of Bens, I knew I had a certain price range I was looking for and like, I think everyone else, to get the most “bang for my buck” category. If I had had the extra cash I would have gotten one of the Stellings that Ben had on sale.

1 Like

Those are both pretty!

:joy: :joy: :joy:

That one is really pretty! What does one pay for such a beautiful custom bishline banjo?

3 Likes

@Dragonslayer, the base model is $2995 w case, , but with “upgrades” i had on mine it was only about $300 more. The only thing i paid extra for was the KOA binding and the Pearl truss rod cover with my initials in it.

1 Like

That’s a pretty good price!

1 Like

@Dragonslayer ya I kind of thought so too. There was one other banjo maker in Houston, Tx that I was considering, www.allenbanjos .com, but he only makes 3 different models but was just a bit more expensive for his base models, I’m not sure what he would have charged for the extra I got on the Harvest.

1 Like

Man alive! Look at all the flame in that maple!

You got yourself a looker there, Tye. Mighty purdy!

1 Like

@Mark_Rocka Thank you, that is EXACTLY why I went with the unstained maple. Much prettier wood “raw”. I’m sure it will play as beautiful as it looks.

3 Likes

Pretty

1 Like

On the left is 1940 TB-11 conversion (FON 688-6), middle is 1934 TB-3 conversion 235-19 and on the right is 1927 TB-Granada 0369-76 with original, no-hole, raised head tone ring.

8 Likes

Other side.

7 Likes