Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Help for Tef files

Howdy members, Since the last mando lesson 2 weeks back, and the guitar a week ago and the new banjo lesson, I haven’t been able to open the tef files. It gave me a message to upgrade to tabledit 3.0, so I did. Bought the new one and installed it, but still won’t let me see the tef files. Any help out there will be greatly appreciated, just a banjo player, not an IT kinda guy.

Dave Bellian
Florida now, used to me Mesquite

3 Likes

I just tried the latest GTR one and I got the same issue. I went to look at what is in the new version and saw the stuff below. Note that the first thing listed is “new file format.” I would think that since you updated to 3.0, it should work. Sorry I don’t have an solution, but I wanted to let you know that you aren’t alone. I’ll ping Ben.

New in v3.00
- New file format
- Unicode compliant
- Display of time signature and key changes for each measure in the editing window
- and much more…

1 Like

I downloaded the tabledit program a few days ago on a new computer. I just tried the latest guitar tef file and it popped right up and played without any issues. I’m not sure what the problem could be for you guys. Wish I had an answer for you but mine is working.

3 Likes

Thanks Andrew! I haven’t updated mine yet. I wanted to see where this goes before I did.

2 Likes

I think your computer is still opening the old version for some reason. Please open tabledit, then click on the tabledit button at the top and select “about tabledit”
05%20PM

Then tell me what version you’re running–you can see here I’m running 3.0.

3 Likes

Thanks Ben ,will be trying it now.

DB

3 Likes

Bennet ?
I assumed you were Benjamin.

3 Likes

I updated mine to 3.0 and the latest guitar tab works fine.

2 Likes

Two t’s, yep :slight_smile:

4 Likes