Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Hello!

Hello, I am new here. I was referred to banjobenclark.com from a fellow banjoist (is that a word?). Let me tell you a little about myself.
I am high school age and just started learning banjo in May. I have been playing guitar for a couple years and mando for a couple weeks.
I look forward to participating in this forum, I donā€™t know how often Iā€™ll be here, but see ya around.:banjo:
Also, how do you change your display name?

10 Likes

Hey Harrison! Welcome to the site! We have at least a couple of other teens here on the board. Iā€™m always thrilled to see young people interested in bluegrass. I hope to see you around.

To change your profile info, go back to the main site, www.banjobenclark.com and click on your name. Youā€™ll find your profile settings in there, which will change things here in the forum.

2 Likes

Or from this page:

Upper right - click on ā€œmy accountā€

Under ā€œprofileā€ click ā€œeditā€ button

enter new ā€œnicknameā€

click ā€œsaveā€

3 Likes

Welcome Harrison, glad to have you here! Let us know how we can help you.

2 Likes

Welcome Harrison!

Glad to have you here and please feel free to jump in with any comments/questions.

Kick off your shoes, pull up a chair, grab your Banjo and stay awhile.

1 Like

Welcome Harrison! Glad to see you jumping right into the forum, and I wish you all the best on your musical adventures. This is great place for ideas and learning and helping each other out with a common interest.

1 Like

Welcome on board, Harrison!

1 Like

Welcome from a fellow high school age student! Whereā€™d you find that banjo emoji?

2 Likes

Howdy Harrison, Welcome to @BanjoBen 's Forum. This is a great resource and THE BEST place to learn Banjo, Mandolin & Guitar on the World Wide Web.

1 Like

If you may permit, Iā€™ll add this. To also learn a bit more about planet earth. :wink:

4 Likes

I guess : and type instrument name. Here is for guitarā€¦ :guitar:

2 Likes

Welcome! It is great to know teenagers playing music. You are in the right place to learn. Warning: playing music is addicting, in a good way. Advice: if you donā€™t have a banjo mute, get one. My family thinks the mute is the best thing since sliced bread.

4 Likes

Donā€™t overlook the addictive qualities and personalities associated with the many fine members of this Forum!

A wealth of good people that share experiences and are always willing to lend a helping :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

I find the collective knowledge, experience sharing, and insights (not to mention companionship, humor, open-minding ideas, positivity, and some good, ole fashioned praise once in awhile) found here provides value beyond measure.

Learning from @BanjoBenā€™s awesome lessons are great but the sharing in this community truly inspires.

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I do not have a banjo mute, but my family makes me take the banjo upstairs to my room after about one hour of straight playing.:wink: For some reason, the guitar and mandolin donā€™t bother them as much, maybe the volume?

3 Likes

An all-to-familiar tale for us Banjo Pickers here on the siteā€¦ and a topic that seems to surface quite regularly.

I have a muteā€¦ And also have experimented with placing a rolled-up sock between my hollow-back trussrod and the Banjo Head.

TWO mutes are still not enough to suppress MY Banjo Pickinā€™!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey, Harrison! I am a homeschooled teen that is learning guitar from Banjo Ben. This is quite definitely the best site to learn from. The hardest part is sticking with your current song when you find a new one to learn!

4 Likes

Hi Harrison, welcome to the forum, glad youā€™re here. There are at least four other active teens that I know of here on the forum so youā€™re in good company. This is a wonderful supportive community for advanced and beginner players alike.

If you havenā€™t already, go ahead and unlock your 3 free lessons and dive in and feel free to ask the community for help or ideas or whatever. You can even submit a video or audio clip of your playing and get great feedback from the gang, including Ben himself.

I encourage you to upgrade your membership and start right in on the beginner track as laid out by Ben. I hope you enjoy your time here :slight_smile:

4 Likes