Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Great Banjo Lick in a Gospel video by the Hemphills

Mark, that is so cool! You deserve a pick point!

One question. If you capo at fret two, do you also need to spike the A on string 5? The tab hasn’t quite sunk in.

Thanks very much.

Treb

1 Like

Yes sir! You’ll definitely need that 5th string spiked.

If I have time tonight, I’ll try to make a little video so you can get an idea of the left hand fretwork.

Cool…thank you. :+1:

1 Like

I think I remember where I heard this lick before, or at least a very similar version. That’s My Heart You’re Walk-in On by The Purple Hulls… Was that you, Ben?

I might need to get a tripod for a better angle on the neck. Let me know if this doesn’t show the fingering well enough.

4 Likes

No, that’s my sister Katy…she has some excellent melodic ideas.

1 Like

Great job on this, Mark!

1 Like

Hey Mark,

You’re just the best, I appreciate you taking this up, I hope I didn’t put any pressure on Ben or you, it’s just one of those request that you take up when you have the time, you’ve cracked this thing is a day, I am so grateful.

This is my first post in this forum and already I realize there’s a lot of talent here and I will be hanging out here often.

Can’t thank you enough for your efforts, I’m blown away with the result.

Now I’m downloading your tabs and getting into this, it’ll take me some time but I’ll get it. I’m one happy camper.

James

3 Likes

Mark,

You sent MP3’s, “WOW”, they’re great, I’m sure other forum members will benefit from your work here, I surely will.

What a day I’m having.

James

2 Likes

Great Job Mark

1 Like

Mark,

You’re the gift that keeps on giving, I played this video and you have nailed it, this is just so great.

Many, Many Thanks

James

2 Likes

Hey Jack,

Thanks for the tip. I’ll take a look at the app, never heard of it.

James

Glad I could help, James. Picking apart songs is kinda fun for me when it’s a song I like and I have the time. You just happened to catch me on a day I didn’t have a lot going on. Today is a different story. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing you post a video of your progress!

1 Like

Mark,

I hate to impose more but I’m having a tough time seeing where your fingers are on the fret board, that tripod would help, if you have the time, I want to get this right.

Many thanks
Jame

OK. I’ll try to work something up when I get home tonight.

Let’s see if this is any better.

2 Likes

Mark,

This is great, I love it, I can see every string that you fret and the finger patterns, exactly what I needed. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, that applies here.

Thanks so much.

James

2 Likes

Great tone! Video very clear.

1 Like

Ha! It’s funny you should mention the tone. I’m playing with my Mike’s Mute still attached to the bridge. I’ve played with it on so much that I’ve come to prefer the tone. :slight_smile:

You’re welcome, James. Glad I could help. Maybe some time in the not-too-distant-future I’ll tackle some of the other parts of the song.

1 Like