Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

From old me to younger me

Here is a blog post I wrote awhile back…
https://emergingcomposer.com/old-me-to-young-me/

4 Likes

"Boy, find a job you love, and you’ll never get a decent paycheck for as long as you work.
You will work 60-80 hours a week for the same pay, year after year, because “it’s an important job & you love doing it.”
You will work weekends, holidays & vacations.
You’ll be told how lucky you are to have a job you love, instead of being a wage-slave.
You’ll be told how someone else would just love to have your job.
Management cannot control cost of raw materials, distribution or rent. Management can control the cost of labor.
When you find a job you love, controlling labor costs becomes much simpler.
“I wish we could pay you more, but times are tough.
At least you have a job you love!”

2 Likes

not EXACTLY what I was going for! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I know that’s not what you were going for, but I had a job for 42 years that I loved.
I used to say “It beats working for a living!” And it did.
But if you want to buy a new banjo, you may have to work.

“All but the hard-hearted man must be torn with pity for this pathetic dilemma of the rich man, who has to keep the poor man just stout enough to do the work and just thin enough to have to do it.”
–G.K. Chesterton

3 Likes

The rich man’s balancing act, they call it “inflation”!

So with all automation and increased productivity, there should be only deflation, but how inflation??

So “inflation” is mass stealing by market manipulation! With “inflation”, say, your 10 year worth savings is suddenly worth only 6 years! No break-ins, no bloodsheds. End result, same! Salary hike as bribe to shut the educated. Where is the rule of law??

When rule of law kicks-in, you will find the job you love!

1 Like