Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Effective Practice

I just wanted to add that if you’re just starting with the banjo, and Ab, D# etc. don’t mean much yet, you can “downsize” the exercise, and just practice G, C and D at random in different positions, because those chords are really, really important. (after that, you should continue with A, F & E).
That’s another point I guess I want to make : it’s good practice to be critical to any exercise or advice anyone gives you, and question how it can be beneficial to YOU. If necessary, don’t hesitate to adapt or adjust it so that it suits YOUR needs…
Well, enough of that, I’ll get off the preaching chair :slight_smile:

Hi @K_G I have a hard time understanding Scots and I ur wan

1 Like

:joy: that reminds me, one time (lasy year?) I was in S.A. at church and the speaker (don’t think it was the pastor) said something I didn’t understand, so I asked the person sitting next to me “what did he say?” And they didn’t know either (they also were south African). I can do a decent mild Scottish accent, but I wouldn’t do it in the presence of a Scotsman

1 Like

Scots don’t take themselves too seriously. They laugh at themselves more than they laugh at others. What other country bares it’s bum to the world.

Quite literally occasionally, as anyone who’s seen the movie brave (not braveheart) will know :joy:

Just because they’d probably assume I was doing Irish :roll_eyes:

You’re not alone babe. Join the club, we’ve got jackets and everything… :slight_smile: Lot’s of us here trying to get from “a guy” to “that guy”.

I don’t have much to offer that hasn’t already been said. There are lot’s of wonderful people here to share the pain so to speak and to provide practical help and offer encouragement. I just wanted to say hi and don’t give up. This is THE best place to be that I’ve found. I have made so much progress since I joined this site and forum just a few months ago. You will too if you hang in there.

Cheers,
Maggie

2 Likes