Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Donnie Chulufas from Archie, Missouri

Yeah getting older ain’t all it’s cracked up to be, we don’t heal like we used to. They had to put a plate and 7 screws in my left wrist, I just added them to all my others, Got a wicked scar. LOL. I have led a pretty rough life. This just slowed me down for awhile, no big deal. Making chords has been my therapy. I got to meet and spend some time with Tony Trischka while I was casted up. Sure was disappointed I wasn’t able to pick some with him. He and I hit it off pretty good. Had a good time cutting up though. He told me a story of an old time picker that a mule kicked in the head and killed, made my problems minor.

1 Like

I should say so… Geesh! :roll_eyes:

Yes, too bad we have to get older… It seems that no matter what the injury is, it could have always been worse. I got kicked in the lower stomach area by a horse 10 years ago and I ended up losing 15 inches of intestines. They said I about died from this, I thank God for keeping me around a little longer and am glad it wasn’t worse. Glad you are able to play, doesn’t sound fun with a plate and screws in your wrist. Glad you got to see Tony, it is always good to be able to be around someone like him . I knew a guy who had Alan Munde come to his business for a one day workshop and invited me to come. This was about 12 years ago and I hadn’t been playing any up to this time so I practiced a few days ahead so I wouldn’t be too rusty. I had never seen someone this good in person before. He played the forward roll and changed chords all the way up the neck and down, and made it sound like a song you would want to learn. Banjo Ben can do this as well. I didn’t have time to continue playing, but I’m making time now and am working towards having the thing s that seem the simplest sound the best. Hope you can always be able to play.

2 Likes

I pray the same for you also, Donnie.

1 Like