Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Does TablEdit allow creating D tuning tef file?

I just started with Banjo Open G and tuned down the 2nd and 3rd strings. Then, click on one of the modules with a * in front of it while holding down the CTRL key and it prompts you to create a new name.

I did that too and it saved it in the pre-set list. However after exiting and reopening the software. Selecting Open D Tuning it presented me with a fingerboard with all 5 strings full length.

Just tried it again and Banjo G has two Capo Boxes when I switch to Open D Capo 5 Box disappears

Wow, way to go bud. Thanks a bunch, I’ll try it out. You’re the tops. Has anyone told you that yet today?

1 Like

Hey Archie, I tried to duplicate your issue and wasn’t able to. I created the Banjo Open D tuning module and saved it to the list. I then closed out TablEdit and reopened it. I created a new file. Now, the Banjo Open D module I create wasn’t in the list of instruments during the creation part of the new tab file, but once I was in there and went to Score / Instruments / Tuning tab, it was available in the drop down menu. Once I selected it, both of the Capo entries were still available.

My first thought is maybe you’re running on an older version? Might want to check to see if you have V 2.78 a6c. I think that’s the latest.

1 Like

Hi @Mark_Rocka I had V 2,78 a6a and have updated to the latest a6e.

I tried it again this time I added an asterisk * in front of the name and it resolved the problem.

2 Likes

Nice call Mark

1 Like