Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Mandolin lesson: Ellie's Hornpipe

https://banjobenclark.com/lessons/ellies-hornpipe-mandolin-intermediate

Have you ever heard a melody that sounded LIKE someone? I wrote this tune and immediately thought of my middle child, Ellie Mae. I hope learning this melody (and harmony!) will bring you some of the joy that Ellie Mae brings her daddy!

10 Likes

Let’s do a collab video for this one…anyone down? After I find out who wants solos I’ll create the rhythm track and upload it here.

7 Likes

Just mandolins?

Nope, all instruments!

3 Likes

I’d love to try!

2 Likes

You know what I’d LOVE to see you Lindbloms try? Do a guitar & mando (or banjo) harmony solo! That’s in addition to your guitar solo, of course.

4 Likes

Dude, that harmony sounds soooo good. Reminds me a bit of that Brilliancy video with Sam Bush and Chris Thile.

I’d love to try guitar or mando on this tune. I’ve never learned a mando harmony part and that’s tempting… though it would require more practice :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

25 posts were merged into an existing topic: Collab Video for Ellie’s Hornpipe

I’m a middle child, but I’m not as beautiful as the melody and harmony in this song! Write more tunes!
The Ronster

1 Like

Thank you @Ron_Kaszubski!

I’m almost a middle child 3 older and 3 younger brothers but I also have 5 older sisters alas my 3 older brothers and 2 of my sisters have passed.

3 Likes

What a fun tune to play, Ben! It just takes me to a happy place!! Thank you for your creativity. Please write some more original tunes for us that incorporate all the fundamentals of flatpickin’.

4 Likes

That’s a very nice, happy tune! I love it! It made me pick up the mandolin to learn a new song for the first time in a long time.

3 Likes

Wow, that means a lot! Thank you!

2 Likes

Gold pick member, Rodger Brown. Could view the videos for Ellies Hornpipe but unable to open PDF tab.

1 Like

Hello Rodger, I just tried, and I was able to download (it goes to download folder) and open the tab. Maybe it is an issue specific to your id, adding @BanjoBen for his attention.

1 Like

If you’ve had the page open for a long time, just hit refresh. The page times out after a while and makes it look like downloads aren’t available.

4 Likes

Ben, wonderful way to honor your daughter! have added the song to my playlist. I try to keep it small so I don/t get overwhelmed but your desire to bring honor puts it on the list. Have a wonderful day.

1 Like