Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Discuss the Banjo lesson: Salt Creek- Intermediate Revisited

This…yes.

1 Like

Like Dave said but HOLD the note till after you play the pinch That’s a quarter note at the 5th fret

2 Likes

So, finding measure 17 in the 2nd solo A part really difficult. I have no trouble with the standard ol joe clark roll in measure 9 but I can’t get myself to do it the other way. Any hints?

1 Like

Good question and I found it to be a bit difficult at first. The thing you see is that nothing is different in the right hand. And the only difference in the left hand is that you do the pull-off at a different time. So, that tells me the issue is mental, not physical. So, let’s slow it down and practice the 2nd half of the measure by itself, over and over, then put it together with the first half. You’ll get it!

2 Likes

Ah, now I notice that I’d been playing the ol joe clark riff by not hitting that 6th 8th note with my right hand thumb. I’m trying to do them both the same way now. Thanks.

1 Like

Every jam I go to, someone asks for this song. This is great video and excited to learn the second part of the song!!!

1 Like

I like that this lesson has “backup and rhythm ideas” - this is a great addition, especially now that I’m seeing how these songs fit into the context of a jam session and I’m not just playing the solo/break by myself at home.

2 Likes