Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Can’t open pdf tab files for lessons

I can’t seem to load pdf or the midi / Tef files. Screen is blank. Any ideas ?

1 Like

OK, that’s really odd. Let’s start with the usual IT questions.
(Full disclosure - I really don’t know much about tech, but there seems to be a few common elements to every tech problem.)

1. Is it plugged in?

2. What are you using, a desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone?

3. Did you download the files first then try to open, or are you trying to open them directly from the website?

4. Do you own a hammer?

3 Likes

What Browser are you using?

2 Likes

I’m using a I phone 11 and I’m just trying to open them. Not sure how to save to my phone.

Not sure , on my phone. I phone 11.

I just made it work but I had to hold my finger on the tab , then select share , then a box pops up , open in safari ? And there it is. Maybe open the site in safari ?

3 Likes

You will need a PDF reader such as Adobe Reader Jeff. @Mark_Rocka should be able to advise you further if he is available. When it comes to Phones and Apple Mac he is our Tech Man. I am best with PC and Windows

Dang! I forgot that one! :grin:

I believe the PDF files should be able to be opened within the browser, but for the TEF files you’d need an app like TEFview.

Is the problem only with this site, or does it happen with PDFs from other sites?

As for the TEF files you’ll need TEFView or TablEdit installed on your device

Just verified on my iPhone 12… PDFs do open in browser.(safari) When I open TEF file it does require an app such as TEFview, but when I click on the link I am prompted to open in app. If you are unable to open a PDF in safari, I would recommend clearing the cache. If that doesn’t work maybe delete app and re-download.

Have you tried this? @Michael_Mark

Yes, and @j_yanchuk said he was eventually able to do so as well.

1 Like

Excellent!

1 Like

Still not able to make the tef file play. I appreciate the help. Not good with that sort of thing.

Jeff

1 Like

Do you have TEFview or another TEF file reader installed on your device?

Hi Jeff I can’t really help with IPhone installation but try searching for TEFview for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch on your AppStore: You’ll need to have this installed on your device in order to open read and play TEF files. I guess @Mark_Rocka is busy he would normally pick up on this and offer advice.

Ok I have tefview. But how to I get the tef from website to play ? I’m sorry. Not good at the I phone and stuff like this. I click on the tef , it asks me to download but where does it go ? Can’t find or make it work.

When you click the TEF file on the site, is there an option to “open in TEFview”? If so, tap that and it should open the file in the TEFview app.

https://youtube.com/shorts/UHnhEVKn_h0?feature=share

Hopefully this helps.