Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Bridges

@Lone_Wolf can you tell me what your bridge height is 1/2in, 5/8in or taller

1 Like

@xmark in response to your comment I did speak to Mr Veerman about the teak bridge and he did tell me based on the banjo I initially tried the teak bridge on he would have never recommended that particular bridge for my application he stated the teak bridge is more for a resonator type banjo and more for a three finger and bluegrass player he stated it is not a good bridge for a natural skin head had I consulted him before purchasing it I probably never would have purchased or I would have saved the testing of it on my resonator banjo, but I did not consult him at all prior to my purchase of any, he seems to be a vary honest and humble person I will say this also about him when he sent me the two recent bridges the Dark Star and the Archie it was strange because just days before receiving the two in the mail i had read about the Dark Star and sent him a message about it, and he stated that is the bridge I would have recommended to you he had already sent them out prior to that conversation and I will say he was spot on about everything he stated to me about the Dark Star he is vary vary knowledgeable about bridges

2 Likes