Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Blackberry Blossom exercise

Great job Mark! I don’t think you’ll be the worst mandolin player at the camp; I might take that title. I had a mandolin that I messed with for years, but I never really learned to play it, so when I couldn’t get in for the banjo I decided to sign up for an open mandolin spot. Even so, I’m enjoying practicing the lessons on the site, and having an objective is always a motivator. Looking forward to the camp!

5 Likes

Yes sir, Steve! That ticking clock is really starting to put my gears in drive. See you at camp!

3 Likes

Just wanted to take a second to thank you for this advice, Ben. I’ve been relaxing more and focusing on playing with more wrist action. Not only does it feel more natural, I can tell a difference in tone and picking accuracy.

It’s amazing how one little change can make such a huge difference. Good eye, and thank you!!!

3 Likes

Thanks again for putting this out here @Mark_Rocka . I work on it everyday. It’s almost like a tongue-twister for me. Also, it forces me to keep my time because I have a tendency to speed up as I go along (well at least I realize getting faster when my fingers get tangled up and my hands get out of sync :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Glad to hear it, Stuart. It’s nice to know others are finding it useful.

1 Like

Is there a trick to opening the TEF file? Seems like my PC wont open it.:

1 Like

@swaltner Do you have TefView installed?

4 Likes

Beat me to it Dave :+1:

1 Like

Here you go, @swaltner

4 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes

I think my family is going to change this song’s name to either “Quarantine Blossom” , “Stay-in-Shelter Song” but the most likely is “He’s Playing That Song Again”. I really love playing this tune!

6 Likes