Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Back at it, with an okay banjo, I guess.... hehe

Life throws some curves at you now and again and we have to set aside and prioritize. For me, that meant setting aside the banjo and guitar for a while. But now things have settled down a bit and I’ve just ordered something called a ‘twanger’ to pick back up where I left off some years ago.

I don’t know what’s more exciting, picking the banjo again or picking a Gold Tone OB3 ‘Twanger’ for the first time. The 'ole FedEx truck can’t come soon enough but until then I’ll get out my finger picks and fit them for size and see if I can find my banjo mute (for the neighbor’s sake).

Looking forward to learning again with you all. These first few weeks will seem odd for sure and I’ll have to see what stayed with me and what needs refreshing again. But at the end of the day, I haven’t lost that love for bluegrass and the sound of a banjo. I know, I’m weird…

Whatever level you’re at, keep on pickin’… and I’ll see you all around the website.

10 Likes

Congratulations on the Twanger! I have enjoyed mine and I suspect you will enjoy yours as well.

3 Likes

Thanks Mike! I’m looking forward to it. Heard so many testimonies like yours. Should be here by the weekend. Did you get in on the first couple of batches or get your Twanger just recently?

2 Likes

I got mine in batch 3 or 4. I really enjoy it as well. I’m sure you will too!! With the power the Twanger has, the mute will definitely come in handy.

2 Likes

Haha! For sure the mute will come in handy. PS - I’ll for sure play it without the mute and let er rip to start with. Make everyone appreciate the mute that much more!!

1 Like

Awesome! Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks!

Man, that’s awesome. I really want a Twanger. Congratulations!

2 Likes

Hey Mason! I sold my Sierra way back and bought a Goodtime but didn’t stick with it, too different for my enjoyment. I’ve been eyeing the Twanger for more than a year now knowing that things were coming around for me to get back into it. Just missed the last batch but was able to order one yesterday.

Saw your profile and will head over to YouTube this evening and check out your page!

2 Likes

Hey thanks, I appreciate it! I’m actually 2 subscribers away from 700 right now, so all support is very appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I got mine about a year ago.

1 Like

Nice to see and hear from you just fessed up about myself on another post hope to see and hear from you around the site!

1 Like