Forum - Banjo Ben Clark

Ashley Campbell

Me 2 Jack

1 Like

OK, I was playing around with this a bit.

I’m pretty sure the progression is C, D7, G, and back to C. On the D7 chord, he is walking the C, C# and D notes.

I think from here it’s just a matter of cracking how he does the rolls. Hope that helps Archie.

https://www.banjohangout.org/tab/browse.asp?m=detail&v=19084#comments

Thanks Dave. Not nearly where I’m at, but working on it right at this moment.

https://www.banjohangout.org/tab/browse.asp?m=detail&v=19084#comments

1 Like

Archie,

I tried to come up with something that might be playable and singable for somewhere between beginner and intermediate players. (Pretty much my level).

This is by no means a performance level video, but rather something to demonstrate some chord and roll possibilities.

I stuck with C, D7, G, and back to C. There is a small walk on the D7. Hope that the camera shows how I did it. It’s really very basic.

Gentle on My Mind

Hope you like it and will give it a go. By the way, I think this would be a good one that guitar players can strum and sing as well.

Jack

3 Likes

Hi Dave, Thanks for this, very much appreciated. I am not really looking to learn the solo break. I am just interested to learn what Ashley is doing with her backup. I’ve got a mountain of tunes to work through.

Thanks for sharing Jack. Much appreciated.

Think you’re nailing it Jack. Doing nice easy rolls and adding movement are really effective like you showed. This, combined with perfect timing make it just so complementary to the song.

PS: No picks today eh? Must have been getting late :wink:

Thanks Neil,

Yeah, I have a tendency to make notes sound shrill when I’m using picks, which would led to repeated takes. I did this one in four, which was my lowest ever. :smile:

Finally starting to get over recording fright. It seems no matter how great your take may have been, you always see something that you wish you had done better.

1 Like

Well, I once heard Ashley Campbell quote her dad, saying “if you perform perfectly, people want it that way every time!”

2 Likes