The Great Awakening or The Great Falling Away

Though I’m pretty much just a headline reader, it seems I’m seeing and hearing more and more about miracles, celebrities returning to their faith, and even some court rulings in favor of Christian leaning points of view.

At the same time, I read and hear many discouraging things. I’m not a member, but I’ve heard Facebook is evolving into a cesspool, comedians proudly make gruesome abortion jokes, and hatred is unashamedly flaunted everywhere.

So, are we in the middle of another great awakening or is this the great falling away?

I would love to hear anyone’s point of view, with no holds barred.

I think it would be a great help to many.

Jack

I personally think the planet as a whole is experiencing an awakening. Yes, Facebook can bring out the negative side of people, but on the plus side, the truth has never had a better stage to be told.

I’m encouraged to see the number of people finally accepting that drug abuse is a habit that needs compassion an understanding, not a prison sentence. More and more people are waking up to the fact that war is ruining our country. Rand Paul has introduced a balanced budget bill that’s getting a lot of attention. That’s unheard of in the past.

I think things will get worse before they get better. The elite that hold power are losing their grip, so they’re likely to squeeze harder before they are forced to let go.

Perhaps that’s not the direction you wanted this conversation to go, but that’s my take.

Jack,

I read your topic and a thought just occurred to me… and so I share.

I think the world is a mighty big place and that ALL OF THAT STUFF (the Good, the Bad, and yes… the Ugly - to finish the phrase) is all about us all the time. We are IN this drama of life… ALL of us… TOGETHER… in this moment.

Your topic beckons us to look outward at influences and reasons to what happens TO US.

Even more with INTERNET ACCESS!

I submit to reconsider to look inward instead.

I also think that we see what we choose to see in all of it.

What I suggest is how… when we have “tough” days… things look scary or ominous or devoid of reason or hopeless/senseless.

At another moment, we see acts of kindness, Charity, bonding (sadly, this mostly is visible in times of tragedy), or unity or love… all to be witnessed or felt because of music, art, Church, a hug from a loved one…

It is ALL HERE… ALL THE TIME!

Some of this is what we… through our personalized filters of perceptions… choose (willingly or not) to see.

In the eyes of the beholder…

For me… I fear I see more of the negative - but I remain mindful to LOOK for the positive and the beautiful things in life… but when I see the bad (how can we not?)… seek out the OPPORTUNITY in how to make things better… however minimal or impactful the response may be.

Oh… and avoid FACEBOOK like a dangerous plague :smirk:

Just kiddin’ cuz I am also NOT on Facebook - not to judge others who are!

Very Good topic!

And it’s really appreciated Mark. I really want to hear as many viewpoints as possible. Thank you.

Thanks Will. Your regardful writing brought to mind Philippians 4: 8 to mind.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Much easier said than done but well worth striving for. I really appreciate this community.

Jack