Christmas Time and the Book of Luke

Hello Loved Ones,

Since it’s Christmas time, I started reading the book of Luke. Right off the bat, I got an important take away. Luke was very careful to make sure everything he documented was accurate and in order. Luke 1:4 “So that you may know the exact truth about the things you have been taught”. NASB

Those of you who have prayer requests, please let us know.

Jack

I find great comfort in Luke’s intro. To me it seems a humble and honest statement that he had followed things for quite some time and he wanted to ensure that there was an accurate and honest account. It is a stark contrast to John. John starts right in with a reference back to creation and connecting the dots in a profound way. Not that I am knocking John’s gospel, it is awesome, but for me, I find great comfort in the simple and humble accounts of Luke and Mark.

Good insight, Mike…Thank you. :+1:

We’re finishing up Acts at church, took all of 2017. Luke was so brilliant and organized, and lots forget that he was personally with Paul till the end. “Luke alone is with me. Get Mark and bring him with you, for he is very useful to me for ministry.” –2 Tim. 4:11

Cool! I had forgotten that. Blesses me to be reminded.