I have tremendous respect for those who choose to go the extra mile when it comes to taking care of God’s creation. One of the first tasks God assigned to man was to care for the garden.
It behooves everyone on this earth to do the same. Little things make a huge difference. For example;
- We had a compost heap when we had a garden
- I’ve made dozens of trips to the county recycling center
- We don’t throw trash out our car window
- I change our AC filters frequently
- We use CFL lightbulbs
- When it’s brown we flush it down, when it’s yellow we let it mellow
That’s about it for my family and me. The point I’m getting at is that everyone should care for the environment according to their personal conviction and by using age old common sense.
Now for the part that may ruffle some feathers…
Assigning any form of spirituality with caring for our environment is dangerous, BIG TIME!
Those who do so are trodding the path of paganism. ie. earth worshipers. These are the people who sacrificed their children to the false god Molech for good luck. (And yes, I know that God’s chosen people (The Jews), mingled with these people and soon became involved in the same practice.